Progress on the nursery-to-be has been slower than I'd hoped. I've been doing most of the tidying, which has to be interrupted by long rest periods in which I wait for my lower back to recover. The boy spent a sweaty afternoon putting stuff into the attic - including a heavy, broken heater which I told him needed throwing out, not storing.
The chest of drawers is still unmade and in it's packaging, which is a little disappointing.
On the other hand, the boy brought home Buffy Season 5, part 2 and Angel Season 4, part 1. Apparently he did it so I won't be bored out of my mind when I stop working and start waiting for the big event. To misquote a well-known but oratorally-challenged All Black, all credit to my other half.
I managed to tick several things off my to-do list this morning:
- book an infant car seat from Plunket, for baby's trip home and first six months;
- get my mum showered and changed (she's steadily getting strength back in her arm, but isn't yet able to get into those tight thermal undershirts of hers);
- retrieved all my old bank statements from the rubbish bag out back, so I can manually shred them before putting them in the recycling bin (I'm paranoid about identity theft);
- return Foucault's Pendulum (I tried manfully to read it, but got bored - plus it's too big a book to hold in one hand and read in bed) and Oryx and Crake (a great little tale of genetic engineering extreme) to the library;
- find a new home for an unwanted, space-gobbling wardrobe.