Tuesday, April 25, 2006

So I won't be selling off the buggy any time soon

Whilst waiting for Baby's nap-resistence to peter out this morning, I was browsing through Robin Barker's Baby Love. According to her, bum-shufflers tend to be late in learning to stand and walk. That means Baby won't be bipedal until around 18 months.

Not that I'm worried about it (although it does mean that my favoured childcare centre won't be accepting her for a lot longer than I'd anticipated; maybe it's just as well that I recently officially quit my job). In fact, it may mean that we have tons more time in which to baby-proof the house.

We still have all our CDs in floor-standing CD towers, breakable ornaments within easy ankle-biter reach and easy access for little fingers (and whatever they're holding) into the VCR and DVD player.

Fortunately, we can thank the boy's forward thinking that the plasma TV is quite safe.

4 comments:

Rainypete said...

"Fortunately, we can thank the boy's forward thinking that the plasma TV is quite safe."
It's all a matter of priorities, CDs are waayyyy cheaper than a new TV!

Violet said...

you're right - I hadn't thought of that. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh GawdonBennett! When I read the title I thought you were going to say that you're pregnant again!!

You are going to have to get more shelving methinks...

Violet said...

small one: it's remarkably diffult to find a cabinet which fits our DVD recorder, VCR and Saturn decoder - and has doors and isn't gigantic.

juliabohemian: ...which would be effective if I weren't only five feet tall!

desiree: we're being very, very, very careful not to get pregnant again just yet. If ever. It's true about the most effective form of contraception being parenthood...