So this morning TLM and I had chores to do in the local shopping area, and then for a treat I took her to MacD's for a hot chocolate.
In any normal cafe she'd get a fluffy (warm milk fluffed to look like a bland cappucino, plus marshmallows). But she wanted hot chocolate this time.
So I ordered her one, and a soy latte for myself.
TLM was very patient, waiting for her treat to arrive - it was pretty busy in there, even in the McCafe.
Then it arrived, and TLM decided she was "not sure about" the dark swirls of chocolate sauce on top.
So I scooped it up and disposed of it (into my mouth).
Then she decided she wasn't sure about the drink itself.
So she ate the accompanying marshmallows while I drank her hot chocolate.
Funnily enough I got the impression that they'd put soy milk in the choc drink rather than in my latte - which explained TLM's lack of enthusiasm.
At this point I should've just taken her drink back. But no, I ordered her a fluffy instead. Just so she would have a drink she was sure about, while I tried to finish her hot choc and my latte.
Then the fluffy arrived. It burned her mouth. Who'd have thought that anyone could possibly serve a drink that's designed for littlies, super-heated? It was really, really hot - healthy and safety kinda hot.
So then I had to ask for some cold water for her poor scalded lips. And that's the drink she was sure about.
Not much of a treat for her really.