Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday morning meetings

I don't know why, but I have an awful lot of trouble staying alert at our staff meetings. They are always on a Monday morning, when you'd think people would be at their most alert - but not me. I manage to keep my eyes open, but thank goodness I don't have to do anything other than listen and nod my head occasionally.

They must all think I don't do much because I never speak up to tell everyone what I've gotten up to in the last week. I doubt they think I'm just tired from my wild and crazy weekends.

On the other hand, afternoons are not a great time for meetings either because of the great possiblity of post-lunch drowsiness.

Perhaps there is no good time for a meeting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caff-ination is the only answer. I always suck up a coffee in the mornings and then during the day if alertness is required for extended periods of time.

Violet said...

I already do have a coffee in the morning, but I might have to graduate to the real stuff instead of instant.