Tuesday, March 31, 2009

So. We meet again.

For the last two months and a bit, I've been able to avoid going to meetings. Darn time-wasters, those things can be. Because I've been on a short-term contract and therefore not strictly staff, I didn't even have to attend staff meetings, though this did mean I had to answer the phones for a couple of hours every Monday.

Actually, there have been maybe three or four meetings that I was persuaded to attend. I don't mind too much, as long as I feel I can contribute - and sometimes they serve nice biscuits too. But the last couple of meetings, I have turned up and not had a single thing to say because the agenda wasn't followed and we didn't end up discussing the sorts of things I actually knew something about.

In fact, the highlight of today's meeting was that my name was misspelt on the agenda. Funny that I, of all people, didn't notice that someone had spelled it "Violent". Oh, how we laughed.

But they'd better not do that next time.

4 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

Bet they wouldn't laugh if you took a cricket bat to the meeting.

Anonymous said...

I love it - I'm going to call you Violent from now on.

Violet said...

nigel: in the old days, my workmates (those who'd known me well enough to give me shit) used to teasingly call me violent violet. And they were always repaide with a surprisingly hard knock to their upper arm. I couldn't do that this time, obviously.

donnasoowho: okay, read my previous comment and be warned...

Angela said...

Sounds like a great waste of time.
Next time maybe you could just leave due to the fact that your name wasn't actually there