Just so you don't think that all I do is grumble about how hard it is mothering a baby, I've listed some of the things which make me go all gooey:
- When Baby gives me a big grin first thing in the morning (she also does it when I'm trying to put her to bed, but you're not supposed to smile back then).
- Baby has graduated from sucking her fists (they call it self-soothing) to sucking individual fingers (which means she now notices they're there).
- The fact that Baby hardly ever cries, even when she's sitting in a pooey nappy or can't breathe because her nostrils are full of snot (I don't know why, maybe I'm not vacuuming often enough).
- Watching the boy playing with Baby. They're so cute together, but he never lets me take a photo because then he'd have to shave first.
- Singing a lullaby to Baby when it's her bed time or nap time, and seeing her try to sing along.
- Turning "ah goo" into a two-way conversation.