Friday, October 28, 2005

Warm 'n' fluffies

Just so you don't think that all I do is grumble about how hard it is mothering a baby, I've listed some of the things which make me go all gooey:

- When Baby gives me a big grin first thing in the morning (she also does it when I'm trying to put her to bed, but you're not supposed to smile back then).

- Baby has graduated from sucking her fists (they call it self-soothing) to sucking individual fingers (which means she now notices they're there).

- The fact that Baby hardly ever cries, even when she's sitting in a pooey nappy or can't breathe because her nostrils are full of snot (I don't know why, maybe I'm not vacuuming often enough).

- Watching the boy playing with Baby. They're so cute together, but he never lets me take a photo because then he'd have to shave first.

- Singing a lullaby to Baby when it's her bed time or nap time, and seeing her try to sing along.

- Turning "ah goo" into a two-way conversation.

6 comments:

EB said...

Awww! You mean to say that The Boy gave you that fancy geek toy and the camera in it will end up being underutilised!!! What will Baby think when she looks back to find no photos of her and dadda. At least she has your blog to read?

flying kiwi said...

Well I don't need to shave so you can take a photo of me playing with Baby on Thursday (less than a week away!)

Juliabohemian said...

I suck on my fists when I want to soothe myself.

happyandblue2 said...

Awwww, babies are cute..

Violet said...

eb: I wasn't planning on using it as much as our digital camera, since I can't figure out how to transfer photos from the Treo to my computer without using email - which costs me (it costs nothing to transfer from camera to PC using the usb cable).

flying kiwi: sure, it don't matter how hairy you are; I'll take a photo.

juliabohemian: really? how do you fit them into your mouth?

happyandblue2: they certainly are; otherwise we'd never put up with their demands.

boudica of suburbia said...

there are quite a few free photo sharing things lurking around. I can't remember any of their names (helpful, aren't I?) but im sure a quick google would suffice.

xxB