1. One really good thing about being pregnant is the nine months without periods. Then you give birth and have to put up with the biggest period you're ever going to have in your life (that is, if you're a natural-born female).
2. The ache in the lower back which dogged me throughout my third trimester, is still here now that I don't have all that extra weight to carry around.
3. Now that Baby is no longer part of my body, I feel kinda thin. Until I notice that I still look about four months pregnant.
4. Stitches in the perineum are a pain in the arse.
5. Cradling Baby to sleep, and supporting her during feeds, is really good exercise for the arms and shoulders.
6. I've learned that, according to Chinese tradition, I shouldn't eat fruit for some weeks after having given birth. Stuff that.
7. The boy makes a great doula. What a pity he'll have to go back to work soon.
8. Breastfeeding is hard.
9. Watching a baby making funny faces in her sleep can be more fascinating than watching television.