Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Premature price rises

So I'd been pussyfooting around about replenishing my supply of face moisturiser because I still haven't found the perfect one, but I need something because I'm running out.

So after much Libran indecision I went into Farmers (where there is almost always a sale on - but not today).

Only it's a few dollars more than it was a couple of weeks ago.
And at the pharmacy up the road, it was priced even more expensively.

So what I reckon is this - even though there's a GST (that's VAT or sales tax) increase scheduled for the 1st of October, some retailers are marking up their prices early.

The cheek of it!

2 comments:

Antoinette said...

Sorry if I mentioned this before, but I use organic apricot oil, straight up. I haven't used even half of the bottle in 10 months (6 oz) but I'm sure the shelf life is deteriorating, though there is no change in color, smell, or texture so I keep using it. Works great for my dry, irritable skin. Only $8 USD for the bottle!

Violet said...

you might have, but I have a sieve-like memory so it bears repeating! I haven't seen such a product, but I have wondered whether applying pure oil on my skin would be okay or just a fast path to high shine.