Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The late show

Apparently TLM's school is putting on a show, and her class is in it.
The show has a space theme and TLM is...the moon!
I definitely plan to see her first live performance since starting school (not least because the boy had a hand in the props-making).

But there's one thing worrying me. It runs for two consecutive evenings between 7pm and 8pm.

Now that's a great starting time for people like me who can longer stay up late. And it's a great show length for people who are only there to see their own kid anyway. But I think it's a terrible time for a performer whose normal bedtime is 6.45pm...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's just a treat. Congratulations to TLM on her role ;-). At least you don't have a problem that my friend does, which is where her daughter volunteered to play a song on the piano in front of the entire school... despite the fact that she doesn't know how to play the piano. Apparently that caused quite a lot of anxiety.

Desiree said...

Hmmm, this this timing before or after daylight saving kicks in? ;o)

Coolio on the performance, and it's only for two nights so don't worry about it - I don't think it will scar her! Don't forget to take loads of photos!

Violet said...

donnasoowho - But TLM tells me she can do ballet and speak Cartwheel, so I fully expect her to do both on stage...

desiree - before. Otherwise I wouldn't have worried!

Angela said...

Maybe give her some coffee to keep her awake. Just kidding.
I am sure it will be very cute to watch.

Violet said...

Angela: I reckon she will - if she's not crazy with overtired by then!