Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I would have voted for Obama too, if I was American

I don't mean to be cynical, and I do read the newpapers so I don't have my nose in fashion magazines (or my head up my bum, as the English are so fond of saying - not necessarily about me) 24 by 7.

But it seems to me that the Obamas' greatest achievement  since moving into the White House, is that we now have a pretty decent role model for "women of a certain age" who want to dress stylishly (as opposed to frumpishly, slutty or like their daughters).

7 comments:

Amanda said...

She is pretty damn stylish although her body shape and budget are very different to mine.

What do you say to Cait Blanchett's style? I think she treads the line of age appropriateness and cutting edge-ness very successfully

Violet said...

Yes she's a bit on the edge of avant garde without being as extreme as Tilda Swinton. But it does help that she's tall and rake-thin.

Watson Woodworth said...

Not since Jackie Kennedy have we had a first lady so easy on the eyes.

Word Varification: gazes
Apropos of Mrs. O?

Violet said...

Nigel: yeah maybe it's a Democrat thing ;-)

LK said...

Perhaps we should look at what haven't the Obama's done.. there are no more new attacks on countries suspected on being in the axis of evil, and no more silly names like axis of evil come to think of it. That's got to count for something.

Death Wears Diamond Jewellery said...

he is also much nicer to look at as opposed to every other president since jfk. that counts too?

Violet said...

tiki: you're quite right. We can look forward to a vast reduction in stupidisms

DWDJ: He is, but if he turns to be another womaniser I will be very disappointed...