Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Three times free

So, Gen-i was offering ice cream to its corporate customers as Christmas presents - well either that or a donation to charity. I'd like to say that we (that is, my work) went for the donation option, but greed won out. We'd requested that they deliver the yummy goods after Christmas, when more people would be back at work, you see. And it arrived today at midday.

There were 15 ice cream items for the 9 staff who were in today, delivered by a charming Oirish chappie who is in NZ for his working holiday. Fortunately, there was a range of goodies - ice blocks, vanilla tubs and those ice pops that come in that unnatural shade of blue (plus sprinkles, for extra artificial flavouring goodness). Otherwise, the chocolate-shy woman might have missed out, and the vegan definitely would have.

I wondered whether I could get myself sick on ice cream, like - how many would I need to eat to get sick to my stomach?

As it turns out, more than three.

The others waited for the sugar high to kick in, anticipating either high jinks or emotional chaos (like PMT, perhaps?). Well they were disappointed. Probably all I got was fatter (in my defense, all I had for lunch was 3 Krispie biscuits and an orange).

7 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

I love those blue, orange and green ice pops.

Violet said...

nigal: 'cos they make your tongue go funny colours?

Anonymous said...

Sigh. At least you don't work in govt. where you're not allowed to accept bribes/gifts from customers. Although i'll admit to accepting a free bag of table salt (which was worth $3.50 retail). Mostly cause it would have been very awkward to have said no.

Violet said...

donnasoowho: what a strange item to choose as a present. I'm sure it must be bad luck if you're a superstitious Chinese.

Death Wears Diamond Jewellery said...

oooh ice cream how i love thee

Anonymous said...

luckily I've never heard of that one! We were visiting a salt mine....

Watson Woodworth said...

Yes, that is exactly why.
Though the red,white&blue Rocket Pops never do.