But I've bought some fabric for a skirt, and its a chocolate brown with pink embroidery. Sounds pukey, but actually quite pretty (at least in my opinion).
And that got me wondering what on earth would I wear with it, because according to Trinny and Susannah I really should not wear browns.
I had an epiphany while walking from the bus stop to my house this afternoon. Why not take nature as my inspiration i.e. if two particular colours are found in nature, then they will probably look find in your outfit.
This means that:
- green goes with red, blue, yellow, white and orange (flower colours)
- blue goes with white, green and yellow (flower and sky colours)
- brown goes with green, black, yellow and orange (forest floor colours)
- white goes with white, blue and black (snow, sky and zebra colours)
- red goes with nude, green (bleeding person and flower colours)
and so on.
Of course, there is always the chance that you'll end up being mistaken for the landscape.