The photos are on my Instagram here.
It literally took me a day and a half to make. I was up at 7.30 this morning and inthe "zone" until 2pm this afternoon when it was all finished. Though I did spend the previous weekend making a test garment to check the fit...
I never thought I would make a jumpsuit be cause of the bathroom awkwardness involved. But some time after rewatching Alexa Chung cuff up a boilersuit and seeing finished makes of the Merchant and Mills Thelma boilersuit, I was committed.
Besides, I had that zip that a friend saved for me when her husband decided to dispose of his overalls.
Now that its finished I am only sorry that the garment actually feels quite heavy on. So I have to wear it belted for comfort.
- Shortened the legs
- Removed 1.5cm from top of the pants and bottom of the bodice
- Removed one or two sizes worth at the sides of the legs and at the waist.
- Cut short sleeves
- Took a bit off the shoulder width
- Went down a size at the sleeve armcye
- Used option 3 for zip insertion (with facing)
- Put the back pockets on the chest and the chest pockets on the back
I may make it again in a lighter fabric next summer. I've used the pants pieces to make pajama pants very successfully, and the upper body pieces make a good pullover top too.