Tuesday, March 28, 2017

My fourth month of working from home

The "pros" of working from home:

  • I'm home when The Little Madam gets back from school
  • If the weather is beautiful I can easily nip out for 5-10 mins of sunshine without having to take up smoking as an excuse
The "cons" of working from home:
  • I have to consciously make an effort to get exercise, whereas before walking from work to home was effortlessly built in.
  • It's hard being part of a team if you only see them for a couple of hours once per week.
  • If I need to get anything in town I have to make a special trip.
  • If I happen to have all of the internal helpline calls directed to a phone that is in my possession, I can't easily take the day off if I have a cold.

I have a cold, perfectly timed for Autumn. My workmates have all had it - which is surprising as we are all working from our homes and should be less likely to infect each other. 

The boy had it all of last week. "That ache-iness and the headaches - that's just the beginning", he says helpfully. But just because it knocked him for a six all week doesn't necessarily mean it will do the same for me. 

For one, I make an effort to keep up my fitness. For two, I eat lots of fruit and vegetables. For three, I'm not a man. So fingers crossed, I have had the worst of it after two days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Working from home is wonderful. I'd love to do more of that. I think the lack of team is possibly the only downside!

That cold is horrid. I had it. It knocked me over for nearly a month. It was not cool. Hope it isn't so bad for you.

Violet said...

you were right - that damned cold lasted at least two weeks!