Tuesday, July 01, 2014

A couple of new knits

Recently I made a scarf and a pair of socks. Here they are:

The pattern is from Metropolitan Knits, and is suppose to have buttons at one end so that it can be worn like a cowl. I haven't gotten around to getting the buttons, but suspect that I don't have quite the swanlike neck that this kind of accessory is made for.

The yarn is a lovely soft merino and cashmere blend which I bought for $5 per ball at the recent KnitWorld sale.

It will keep my neck warm, once it actually gets cold enough for me to need one.

Speaking of colds, I am home with one right now. That's why I've got time to blog this...
These socks were a year in the making. Right after I started (and restarted) the first sock last June, I got bored with it and put it away. I only took it out again when I had to go to Auckland for work and wanted a small knitting project to take with me. And I finished the pair in five days.

Too bad they ended up too big for me - but they fit the boy's size 11 feet perfectly! The pattern is from Blendy Knits Socks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice scarf altho do you find the holey pattern lets the air thru? Scarf is my choice of winter clothing in bris. I wear it with my summer jacket just the right amount of warmth.

Violet said...

I haven't taken it out for its test run yet, but I'd be wearing it wrapped around a couple of times and pinned in place - so holey lacy bits shouldn't be an issue.