Tuesday, July 01, 2014

A couple of new knits

Recently I made a scarf and a pair of socks. Here they are:

The pattern is from Metropolitan Knits, and is suppose to have buttons at one end so that it can be worn like a cowl. I haven't gotten around to getting the buttons, but suspect that I don't have quite the swanlike neck that this kind of accessory is made for.

The yarn is a lovely soft merino and cashmere blend which I bought for $5 per ball at the recent KnitWorld sale.

It will keep my neck warm, once it actually gets cold enough for me to need one.

Speaking of colds, I am home with one right now. That's why I've got time to blog this...
These socks were a year in the making. Right after I started (and restarted) the first sock last June, I got bored with it and put it away. I only took it out again when I had to go to Auckland for work and wanted a small knitting project to take with me. And I finished the pair in five days.

Too bad they ended up too big for me - but they fit the boy's size 11 feet perfectly! The pattern is from Blendy Knits Socks.


donnasoowho said...

Nice scarf altho do you find the holey pattern lets the air thru? Scarf is my choice of winter clothing in bris. I wear it with my summer jacket just the right amount of warmth.

Violet said...

I haven't taken it out for its test run yet, but I'd be wearing it wrapped around a couple of times and pinned in place - so holey lacy bits shouldn't be an issue.