Sunday, December 05, 2010

Uh huh honey honey

And tonight I resumed my Googling for skincare and eczema remedies.It's funny that, although I've always been regarded as a somewhat analytical person, I've never tried very hard to research more about my condition. Perhaps I should blame it on my authority-fearing nice-Cantonese-girl upbringing, but I pretty much have always just relied on whatever my doctor suggested. I suppose it's never too late to search and explore the variety of snake oils out there, looking for something that will work until it stops working.

Tonight, I tried smearing some honey on an irritated area of my hand. Right away, it started stinging. But then it stopped stinging, and stopped itching too. And this wasn't even the famous Manuka honey.

I can't exactly smear this stuff on like moisturizer - I'd be covered in insects and stuff as soon as I stepped out the door. But it does give me a new avenue of active skincare ingredients to try out.

2 comments:

Pollyanna_H said...

Good luck! I presume you have tried pawpaw ointment? I do find it soothing for minor irritations, and VERY soothing for burns (much to my surprise) - but I don't have anything like your problems.

Hope you're having a good week!

Violet said...

I have, but not since my tube ran out a few months ago. It was, in my opinion, on par with those beeswax-based massage balms - nice to use on really mild irritations.