Friday, September 04, 2009

I been busy

Thank gawd it's Friday. It's been full-on at work, keeping 4 students and a hubby gainfully employed and keeping them from adding any more spelling mistakes to the databases they are updating for us. Like, it's "language nest", not "langrage next" - and don't do it again!

That, plus trying to keep track of whose computer has which database on it, and which copy of each database is the latest one (when there's a copy on at least one of the team's computers, plus one on the USB stick, plus one on the server)...I'm sure I have new frown lines that weren't there on Monday morning.

On the plus side, it's such a pleasant novelty to have lunch with the boy every day. I sure do miss lunching socially. And I learned so much about hiring and training newbies, that I even offered advice to someone who rang me up as a reference for a potential new employee!

And just to end the week with a bang, the big boss has asked me to do a prototype of some informational content to go on our website, which means I get to research and write serious copy! For public viewing!

And...my coat is now about two thirds finished.

I been busy awright...

5 comments:

Antoinette said...

Busy, busy, busy! You sound happy, which is the best kind of busy. Just... you know... be sure you don't overdo it and... get sick... :D

Watson Woodworth said...

In a factory setting I find myself privately referring to everybody (me included) as monkeys and the closer the working proximity the more simian we all become.

Anonymous said...

So who pays for lunch? You or him?

Violet said...

Antoinette: whether I get sick again probably has less to do with how busy I am, than with what bugs are going 'round at TLM's daycare. At the moment it's nits...

nigel: There was a moment last week when I was standing amongst my team, and what came into my head was that line about the amount of time and the number of monkeys it takes to write Shakespeare.

donnasoowho: mon and tues I made our lunches, weds the boy didn't work as that's the day TLM doesn't go to daycare, thurs he paid and fri I paid. Pretty even really, apart from the fact that he NEVER offers to make our lunches.

Violet said...

Antoinette: whether I get sick again probably has less to do with how busy I am, than with what bugs are going 'round at TLM's daycare. At the moment it's nits...

nigel: There was a moment last week when I was standing amongst my team, and what came into my head was that line about the amount of time and the number of monkeys it takes to write Shakespeare.

donnasoowho: mon and tues I made our lunches, weds the boy didn't work as that's the day TLM doesn't go to daycare, thurs he paid and fri I paid. Pretty even really, apart from the fact that he NEVER offers to make our lunches.