Saturday, June 20, 2009

An elbow the size of a bum

On Thursday evening I noticed a pimple on my right elbow. The boy joked about my having teenage elbows as I squeezed the pimple, careful not to aim it at either him or TLM.

On Thursday night I noticed that the area around my elbow was pink and tender. In bed, I couldn't lie on that side because it hurt my arm.

On Friday morning it had swelled up and felt like someone had lit a small fire under it.

Then I went to the doctor's, got a double dose of antibiotics and now it's normal size again. But it's still just the right temperature for a pocket warmer.

Thank goodness I'm left-handed.

7 comments:

Kazzer said...

That is why your mother told you never to pick your spots!

Antoinette said...

Wow, thank goodness for antibiotics!

Watson Woodworth said...

I think it sounds more like a bite than a pimple.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but that's the best laugh I've had in ages (sounds totally like something I'd do to, and I suspect your story will not at all be a lesson to me next time I squeeze something).

Violet said...

Kazzer: she never told me that - only to put another cardigan on and not to talk to boys.

Antoinette: and thank goodness I'm not allergic to them :-)

nigel: I'd say it was an infected scratch. And yet I have no cats.

donnasoowho: I'm so glad to have amused you. Because if it happens to you, I will get the last laugh!

Angela said...

Ouch

I bet you didn't expect that.

Good thing it wasn't on your face.

Violet said...

angela: you can say that again :-)