Sunday, June 07, 2009

Dumb...just dumb

I was reading the Sunday paper this morning, in between dropping my mum off at church and waiting for her to finish up, when I came across the dumbest newspaper article I've seen in at least a week.

The article was called something like "What will you do when the recession ends?" The dumb thing was not even the question.

The dumb thing was that, they must have asked about 20 different people this question - but no one of them was someone who has been directly affected by the recession. Like, why the heck didn't they bother asking someone who'd be laid off recently?!

3 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

I could produce at least forty Detroiters with "Pay my bills" as their answer.

Amanda said...

I thought this was a dumb article http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10576466

You'll notice the headline is the melodramatic "Demons lurk behind the Australian economy" -but, of course, no actual demons are mentioned in the article

Violet said...

nigel: I'm with you, bro. Instead, the people featured are all going on about taking holidays.

mtnw: yeah what is that with the "demon" thing? It's like they took the headline off a different article or something.