Saturday, August 07, 2004

Saturday is Retail Therapy Day

Not that I was feeling in need of any therapy; I was feeling perfectly okay this morning when I decided to walk into town and go shopping while my boy stayed home, sleeping off his hangover.

It's not often that I go all out and buy stuff without thinking really hard about it; I've always been that way. However, the boy is more of an impulse buyer and it's probably starting to rub off on me.

The sun was out, and I wanted to go for a walk. I also wanted to avoid my assignment for a little longer.

The first purchase was a queen-size electric blanket. How we survived for so long with a piddly little single-size one, plonked in the middle of the bed (with the resulting jostlings for prime position during the night), I really don't know. But now we'll have one which not only heats up the whole bed, it's got dual controls too - so I can sabotage his side of the bed when he pisses me off.

I also bought a fake-fur cushion. I've always wanted fake-fur cushions and a fake-fur throw - well, ever since I became aware of their existence anyway.

And clothes...I bought a nifty knitted, zipped cardigan in gothic black, a grey stretch pencil skirt which will look fab with my knee-high black boots, and a burgundy mohair-like sweater which comes with it's own nipple-hider i.e. a thin white singlet.

Back home, thirsty, foot-sore and a couple of hundred dollars lighter, I was able to do some study. But you know what makes a good study-break activity? Checking out the Amazon recommendations. I'll soon be expecting the arrival of The Simpsons and Philosophy, What would Buffy do?, The Seven Seasons of Buffy and Buffy the Vampire Slayer- the album.

I feel really good now.

3 comments:

Casyn said...

Yay for retail therapy!

And you got the added bonus of time in the sun and that 'e' I'm unfamiliar with. Umm, exercise!

Violet said...

Shopping, or the desire to shop, reminds me why I prefer earning lots of money to earning very little money...(it's wishful thinking though)


I see you've changed your name from 'The Librarian'. What's the meaning behind the new one? Or is it your real name?

Casyn said...

More money is always good for the shopping.

For my name, I went to a name generator site and kept pressing generate till it gave me names I liked. I had a list that I narrowed down to 2 possibilities. This one was the safest, I suppose. I thought I'd try it on for size. Of course, now I have made a decision, I've started to have doubts.