Friday, May 25, 2018

Op shopping win!

This isn't me or my jeans - but I think it illustrates nicely what my usual dressing room experience is...

Coinciding with my extreme moulting has been a slight size reduction body-wise. It's a bit disconcerting (but still welcome) when I lose weight and don't know why.

So now very few of my jeans fit me, unless I am doing the boyfriend look (ie. looking like I am wearing the jeans of a boyfriend who is a 5 foot tall wrestler).

So on Monday when I had a day off I decided to go secondhand jeans shopping. I would limit myself to no- or low-lycra denims because once that lycra stretches out the jeans look rubbish.

At the very first op shop I visited I found three - yes three - pairs of designer jeans in my (now smaller) size and in great condition! I had one pair each of Ashley Fogel (a NZ company, now defunct), Mavi and Workshop jeans for the princely sum of $35! Sure, two of them are bootleg styles, but that should be easy to alter into straight legs.

I now have jeans ranging from size 10 to what would probably be size 14 (the latter being pairs I made myself during a fatter time) and I have realised that I should really keep the jeans that don't fit me because in 6 months' time they might fit me again.


1 comment:

babystartiger said...

What a bonus!! I know what you mean about lycra but these days are there any jeans that don't contain lycra? I just updated my jeans wardrobe (because my 2 pairs that i"ve had for years were pretty tight around the waist but then baggy in the knee parts etc) and I totally bought the wrong size - despite getting assistance from the lovely lady at Just Jeans.... the usual 'they feel great in the shop but then you get them home and they start riding down and taking your knickers with you'. So annoying as I"d already had them hemmed too.