Tuesday, April 22, 2014

An experiment with pattern-printed yarn

I saw pictures of Naturally Loyal Pattern Prints yarn in the Knit World catalogue and decided it was time to try it out. I've been interested in the idea of pre-printed yarns ever since Sirdar Crofter came out. The pink edging is a completely different yarn though.

Unfortunately I am not meticulous enough to knit two mitts which are the same size as each other - but they do fit my wrists and one day I will remember to wear them whilst knitting or typing (as a defence against OOS).

So what do you think? Is it worth trying again with something bigger? (I'm thinking no)

Slightly more detail on Ravelry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My personal preference for self-patterning yarns is socks, of course. Although they do look quite interesting as mitts as well! Maybe a hat in a pretty colour for TLM?

Violet said...

yes that's a definite possibility - she's a very willing wearer of my hats