Tuesday, April 22, 2014

An experiment with pattern-printed yarn

I saw pictures of Naturally Loyal Pattern Prints yarn in the Knit World catalogue and decided it was time to try it out. I've been interested in the idea of pre-printed yarns ever since Sirdar Crofter came out. The pink edging is a completely different yarn though.

Unfortunately I am not meticulous enough to knit two mitts which are the same size as each other - but they do fit my wrists and one day I will remember to wear them whilst knitting or typing (as a defence against OOS).

So what do you think? Is it worth trying again with something bigger? (I'm thinking no)

Slightly more detail on Ravelry.


kiwiyarns said...

My personal preference for self-patterning yarns is socks, of course. Although they do look quite interesting as mitts as well! Maybe a hat in a pretty colour for TLM?

Violet said...

yes that's a definite possibility - she's a very willing wearer of my hats