Thursday, March 27, 2014

I made a shawl

When I told the boy that I was thinking of knitting a shawl, he muttered something about rocking chairs and walking sticks. No surprise there, since that would be the expected response from anyone who isn't a knitter (donnasoowho, I'm looking at you).

Maybe he thought I should be more productively spending my knitting time on his surf pullover.

But I started my shawl, and wasn't able to put down until it was all finished and needed nothing more than a blocking.

And now it's finished. For your information, I intend to wear it around me like a big scarf - not like an old-lady shawl (which only the young and hip, or the old and hip-replaced,  could get away with).


Slightly more detail on Ravelry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually I am tentatively a fan of the shawl... My two most treasured wardrobe items are two ponchos (vaguely shawl-like). I like the inter seasonal ness of such items. V important in bris Vegas!

Looks good but maybe less bright colours could be a bit more "for all occasions". On the other hand brighten up all black Wellies.

Anonymous said...

I like how you used different yarns in that shawl. It's lovely! I had to giggle at some of the boy's comments.

Violet said...

donnawoowho: It will probably never get cold enough in Brizzy for a shawl like mine, as it's done in DK yarn not fingering or lace weight yarn. I only wish I'd been able to make the shawl a bit longer so it will stay on without a shawl pain. I like bright - everyone always wears so much black here in the winter!

kiwiyarns -thanks, I do like the colour combo, though maybe less yellow-mustard would have been better. I look forward to it being cold enough to wear it!