Monday, February 17, 2014

Something I whipped up in the holidays

One of the first things I did when I took time off before Christmas was to let TLM spend all day on her computer.

This wasn't because she'd been particularly good, but because I had an urge to sew and knew it was going to take me all day.

And this is what I ended up with -
I used one of the boy's unwanted business shirts to make the front and back yoke and the centre front, some chambray for the sides and some scarlet bias binding to go around the neck, armholes and hem. I used a Vogue sewing pattern to make this, and modified it so that I could life my arms up without also lifting up the dress to disrespectful heights. Please excuse the batwings...

2 comments:

kiwiyarns said...

Very economical use of the old shirt! It looks like the perfect summer dress... especially on a day like this!! Those computer games make perfect baby sitters, I have to agree.

Violet said...

yes it's very light an easy to wear - could really have done with this LAST summer...