Saturday, January 25, 2020

Homage to Kowtow

Last time Kowtow had a sale I missed out on getting an Elda denim jacket.

 They just had a other sale, and I found a Blueprint jacket on sale
 but they had none left in siz size 😥.

So I had a go at sewing my own. I used the Merchant and Mills Ottoline jacket pattern. The only intentional mods were to shorten the jacket body a little, shorten the sleeves a lot, and change the shape of the collar (to make it more like the Kowtow ones). There were some major muckups (ie the unintentional mods) but I think I turned out something I can wear proudly.
Worn over Sea Shephard tee, Next Union Jack singlet and thrifted jeans

My unintentional mods were at the sleeve vents. Ok and the side vents.

The green tinge to the denim inspired me to used green top stitching thread. It's a nice backdrop for my Extinction Rebellion badge 😁

3 comments:

Pollyanna_H said...

Gorgeous!!!! You clever person you. I made a not-very-attractive skirt and a never-finished pinafore in form 2 sewing if I recall correctly.

swirl-vc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swirl-vc said...

why thank you :-)
The key is to keep going after your initial efforts because you have to practice to get better. I've been practicing on and off for 40 years !!