Friday, September 27, 2019

In which I get to feel like part of something big

Today, New Zealanders young and old protested for greater climate action. It was the third in 2019. The first two were organized by and for school students. I, and some other adults, turned up as support and to add to the numbers.

This one was open to everyone. So I arranged to have  the day off work, made a placard (above) and spent most of today surrounded by like minded folks.

I was so proud of our young people because without them 170,000 Kiwis would not have turned all over the country to have their say.

And just to make it all about me - I felt pretty damn staunch walking to the bus top with my placard, getting on the bus with it, bringing it into a fancy cafe for an early lunch with my friends, shouting and chanting with 39,999 other people, and walking around town with it afterwards, raising my eyebrows in recognition when spotting a fellow off duty protester.

What a day of triumph.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"When I say people, you say power!" It was great, I'm glad we went.
Amanda