Sunday, January 27, 2019

A very large shirt

One of the fabrics I bought in Hong Kong was a lovely shirt cotton with purple pinstripes. I traced a pattern from the Stylish Dress Book by Yoshiko Tsukiori - View D Button-up blouse in Liberty print.
I traced the size 14 based on the bust measurements. I am in between size 12 and size 14 for this book and probably closer to a 12. However after making it up I think maybe I should have made a 10...
But even if I had gone with a size 10 the sleeves would still have been waaaay too long.

I'm still going to wear it, if I can figure a way to style it.

2 comments:

Pollyanna_H said...

It IS large. Lovely fabric though!

Violet said...

yes it's really nice to wear. I managed to wear it a couple of times with wide leg pants even! I couldn't say for sure that it looked good but I reckon if I can act confident in it that will be enough:-)