Sunday, December 09, 2018

New phone, new excuse for a quilting project


I'm off to Hong Kong soon to visit the cuzzies, and the boy thought he would do me a favour by getting me a tablet so I can continue to do web-related activities without having to peer at a phone screen.

He thought maybe it could take the place of my iPhone 4 while I'm away. So I installed WhatsApp, which is what I've been using to chat to my Hong Kong cuzzies (on the iPhone).

After I did this I had trouble using WhatsApp on the phone, and then found out I wasn't supposed to have the same WhatsApp account on two devices at the same time.

So I uninstalled it from the tablet. When it made no difference to my WhatsApp on the phone, I uninstalled it from the phone and re-installed it.

But I still couldn't get it to work. And that's when I found out that iPhone 4's are too old to be compatible with the recently released latest version of WhatsApp, and you can only longer get it to work on an iPhone 4 if it was already installed at the time the latest WhatsApp version came out.

And that is why I have a new phone.

The new phone is a Samsung. It's larger than my old one and feels slippery and damage-prone.
So I made it a quilted case -





No comments: