Thursday, October 30, 2008

Holiday planned

Against all odds - laziness, forgetfulness and feared poverty, at least - it looks like we are going to have a wee holiday after all, over Christmas and New Year.

My first choice (after weeks of vagueness and indecision) was Tahuna Beach, in Nelson. It's a hugely popular family holiday camp, promising nice weather, safe beachplay and lots of playmates for TLM. Unfortunately it is booked out already. But anyway, the airfares would've cost almost a grand for the ten minute flight each way.

So we're driving an hour up the coast and staying in a resort for 6 days. There may not be loads of playmates for TLM in this price range, but she probably won't notice.

Hee hee...

3 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds fun
It is nice to have things like a vacation to look forward to.

Amanda said...

I stayed at Tahuna Beach in my early 20s. I didn't like it that much. It was pretty institutional and concrete-y. Admittedly I was in the section allocated to drunk young people so maybe the family section was better.

Yay for holidays!

Violet said...

angela: sure is!

mtnw: but surely, when you were in your 20's, being with a bunch of other drunk young people would've been what you wanted? The reason I wanted to go to that beach was because it's supposed to be a good family holiday spot. I s'pose if I was a "normal" 20-something I'd have gone to Mt Maunganui or something.