Sunday, March 12, 2006

Seven months


Baby turned seven months yesterday.

She can sit up on her own for up to ten minutes but will keel over and face-plant the moment you look away.

She gets more joy out of being thrown about in the air by her daddy than she does from lying around shaking rattles.

I can tell when a big, soft outfit-changing poo is on its way, because the big one is always preceded by a couple of little hard, brown nuggets.

It's been at least seven months since I last had eight or more hours continuous sleep; soon it will be time to train Baby to desire the same thing.

This week I pick up the Jolly Jumper which I bought on TradeMe. I know she's going to love it.

Despite all the on-and-off fussing, crying and general unsettled-ness of teething over the last few weeks, I still can not see a single tooth in her mouth.

4 comments:

Kazzer said...

Wow Violet she really is very cute.

Ms Mac said...

She's beautiful!

In my humble opinion, teething trouble are very rarely the cause of a baby's discomfort. Every time one of my boys was a bit off colour folks would be telling me they were teething. None of them got a tooth in their heads until after they were 1!!!

Violet said...

kazzer: yep - sleepless but cute.

julianbohemian: that's for sure. It's trickier to detect them now because the nappy does such an efficient job of keeping the smells in.

ms mac: I'm starting to think that too.

eb: thanks!

The Skirt said...

I agree with Ms. Mac - what a beauty!